View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 08:43 PM   #42 (permalink)
vrmouseyd15b
ALL UP ON THE INTERWEB!!!

skidmark - super snail - '89 honda civic wagon WAGOVAN
Team "Old SKOOL"
90 day: 30.87 mpg (US)

Pituca - '19 Honda Insight Touring
90 day: 39.34 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovie View Post
I used distilled water and baking soda to increase the amount of hydrogen created and the electrodes got really caked over and didn't work anymore (after three full tanks) so I tried to make a new one for it but never got around to it cause the tranny got a huge leak and we haven't used it sense. I did find out that sulfuric acid is a pretty good electrolyzer and doesn't cause the caking issue. The thing was the worst one I made, but I haven't been able to build another one to put on a car lately.
Ok. time to admit it. I built a few HHO generators of my own. The reason you got all nasty in the tank is because the baking soda electrolyte stays in your canister for quite a while. I was able to go through easily 10 cycles without adding any more electrolyte ( before other catastrophic failures) then I burned a few vessels and gave up. if I remember correctly, the last good electrolyte I found was actually LYE.

The only thing I haven't reused yet from those sorry times is my last volt/amp Gauge ( minus the power switch - that runs a vacuum now )

I may have had a very inefficient design, but my "backyard engineered" HHO generators all worked. The hardest thing to make at home were the flashback arrestors, really. But as soon as they started bubbling you could hold a lighter to the hose and Pop pop pop pop pop

And I have no idea what harm it did to the motor. ... I'm sure it didn't make the motor happy.

You should post diagrams or something so we can build our own and try! Then, if not anything else, you might get more support over here.

Thanks,
Victor

The Following User Says Thank You to vrmouseyd15b For This Useful Post:
wmjinman (12-07-2014)