View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 08:47 AM   #27 (permalink)
elhigh
Master Novice

Josie - '87 Toyota Pickup
90 day: 40.02 mpg (US)

Felicia - '09 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 49.01 mpg (US)
Welcome to the Hybrid Zone. One thing you get with a Prius that I don't get with my manny-tranny HCH: silent running. Gently tipping into the accelerator and pulling away in buttery silence is sooooo niiiiiice. You WILL get hooked on that.

I won't fault your choice. You're working out of your car. Spending as much time in it as you are, it has to be right. If I worked out of my car, I can assure everyone here that the HCH would never have made the cut. Yes, a center console really is that important when your car is your office. When I worked out of a van, I built a center console to serve for recordkeeping and office purposes, as I was stuck with the van provided by my employer. Building a console isn't really an option in the tighter confines of a car, however.

DD doesn't know your situation and calling you out for letting ANY of your preferences blacklist one choice vs. another is ridiculous. You also had the preference for getting good fuel mileage, which led you here and predicated your narrowing the list to be heavy with hybrids. If the console preference wasn't valid, neither was the fuel economy one and we're all idiots for spending any time at all choosing one car over another.

One last thing: start a garage page on your Prius. For accelerated hair graying, start one for your trucks, too.

Have a better one.

Lead or follow. Either is fine.