View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 07:38 PM   #30 (permalink)
jedi_sol
Master EcoModder

2013 STi *SOLD* - '13 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Subaru
Sports Cars
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 26.59 mpg (US)

1996 Geo Metro *RETIRED from Ecomodding* - '96 Geo Metro Base
90 day: 58.68 mpg (US)
Dang, i should've chimed in sooner! I haven't been active on the forum lately because I was tucked away at my office during tax season.

The WRX is capable of decent mpg numbers. Yes, I've only cracked 30mpg a few times since I've had my car since 2013, but that is simply because my commute hides its true potential.

My last job was located on the top of a big hill. Commuting downhill to home and using EOC, I've achieved 36-38 trip mpg. However, the uphill commute to work, I could only achieve 31-32mpg. Throw in weekend driving, my averages were typically 27-29mpg.

Then I got a new job that was 50 miles away. I decided to garage the STI and take the train to work. Therefore, most of my driving was city driving, thus my average tanked to around 24-25mpg.

However, decided to take on the 50mile commute to my new job = more highway miles. I can achieve 32-33 trip mpg on my typical commute. I recently updated my fuel log and my last 3 tanks were 30.99, 31.24, and 30.57 mpg. Not bad considering that the last ¼ of my commute is stop and go Los Angeles traffic.

I recently negotiated with my bosses to let me come to work later in the mornings, that way I can avoid the early morning rush hour traffic. This should definitely boost up my mpg averages.

Now that tax season is over, I’ll probably split my time driving/taking the train to save wear and tear on my car.

30-31 mpg in the world of Ecomodding is not such a great feat, however, it's still 53% better than EPA. I always remind myself that:

Yes you CAN have a 300hp, turbo, AWD monster AND get similar mpg (32.1mpg per Fuelly.com) as a typical Honda Civic driver.

I like having my cake and eating it too.

See the rest of the Sti project log:
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...log-26612.html