View Single Post
Old 05-29-2015, 08:43 AM   #502 (permalink)
elhigh
Master Novice

Josie - '87 Toyota Pickup
90 day: 29.5 mpg (US)

Felicia - '09 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 50.48 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo434 View Post
Elhigh, The comparison you chose is not close. He has manual trans. vs. auto. Dangerous high tire pressure, has engine modifications, drives slow etc. I don't do anything but turn the key drive.after all that he has readings in the high thirties. I drive up 90 mph ( sometimes). I use cruise on flats and foot pedal on up and down highways. Cruise does not work efficiently on hills.
If you read the whole thread I have stated that I think the magnets help the fuel burn more efficiently and therefore the ecu can run at a more efficient setting i don't think the fuel is by itself increasing the mileage.
If I read the whole thread I will waste an incredible amount of time reading about snake oil and your claims regarding snake oil. I don't want to do that unless I can know there will be hard data somewhere to pry the claims loose from the snake oil category. There's a reason your thread is in the Unicorn Corral.

Looking at the EPA ratings for the '05 manual V6 Altima, I see it is rated at either 25 or 26mpg highway. I'm not sure what the differentiation is between the two that there would be different ratings, but there it is. The '06 automatic V6 Altima is rated for 27mpg highway. So while you say that it isn't a good comparison due to equipment differences, your case is further undermined by the fact that your car should be doing BETTER, not worse. All the V6 automatic Altimas I looked at are, in fact, rated for higher highway fuel economy than the manual models.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be rude. I made a perfectly reasonable statement that the best thing you could do would be to provide, in as clear a manner as possible, hard data that had been collected via controlled, repeatable testing. Your response, however, is to tell me how the comparison I offered isn't really valid (and really it isn't, your car has an advantage), how your numbers are skewed downward by behavior, etc. Your modifications may or may not make a measurable difference, but claims without data are just hype.

Lead or follow. Either is fine.

Last edited by elhigh; 05-29-2015 at 08:53 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elhigh For This Useful Post:
deejaaa (05-29-2015), mcrews (06-02-2015)