Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > The Unicorn Corral
Register Now
 Register Now
 


Reply  Post New Thread
 
Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2015, 05:16 PM   #501 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: binghamton,ny
Posts: 108

Alty-magnet - '06 Nissan Altima SE
90 day: 33.83 mpg (US)

maxi-magnet II - '12 Nissan Maxima S
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
altima comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhigh View Post
There's nothing stopping you from looking up other Altimas in the Ecomodder garage pages, but since you asked:

2005 Nissan Altima SE Gas Mileage (Slowest. Altima. Ever.) - EcoModder.com

His best results are getting into hybrid territory. I checked; his is also a V6. His techniques and the two modest modifications have been thoroughly tested by many others in these pages.
Elhigh, The comparison you chose is not close. He has manual trans. vs. auto. Dangerous high tire pressure, has engine modifications, drives slow etc. I don't do anything but turn the key drive.after all that he has readings in the high thirties. I drive up 90 mph ( sometimes). I use cruise on flats and foot pedal on up and down highways. Cruise does not work efficiently on hills.
If you read the whole thread I have stated that I think the magnets help the fuel burn more efficiently and therefore the ecu can run at a more efficient setting i don't think the fuel is by itself increasing the mileage.

  Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

   
Old 05-29-2015, 08:43 AM   #502 (permalink)
Master Novice
 
elhigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SE USA - East Tennessee
Posts: 2,307

Josie - '87 Toyota Pickup
90 day: 27.96 mpg (US)

Felicia - '09 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 52.87 mpg (US)
Thanks: 421
Thanked 606 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo434 View Post
Elhigh, The comparison you chose is not close. He has manual trans. vs. auto. Dangerous high tire pressure, has engine modifications, drives slow etc. I don't do anything but turn the key drive.after all that he has readings in the high thirties. I drive up 90 mph ( sometimes). I use cruise on flats and foot pedal on up and down highways. Cruise does not work efficiently on hills.
If you read the whole thread I have stated that I think the magnets help the fuel burn more efficiently and therefore the ecu can run at a more efficient setting i don't think the fuel is by itself increasing the mileage.
If I read the whole thread I will waste an incredible amount of time reading about snake oil and your claims regarding snake oil. I don't want to do that unless I can know there will be hard data somewhere to pry the claims loose from the snake oil category. There's a reason your thread is in the Unicorn Corral.

Looking at the EPA ratings for the '05 manual V6 Altima, I see it is rated at either 25 or 26mpg highway. I'm not sure what the differentiation is between the two that there would be different ratings, but there it is. The '06 automatic V6 Altima is rated for 27mpg highway. So while you say that it isn't a good comparison due to equipment differences, your case is further undermined by the fact that your car should be doing BETTER, not worse. All the V6 automatic Altimas I looked at are, in fact, rated for higher highway fuel economy than the manual models.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be rude. I made a perfectly reasonable statement that the best thing you could do would be to provide, in as clear a manner as possible, hard data that had been collected via controlled, repeatable testing. Your response, however, is to tell me how the comparison I offered isn't really valid (and really it isn't, your car has an advantage), how your numbers are skewed downward by behavior, etc. Your modifications may or may not make a measurable difference, but claims without data are just hype.
__________________




Lead or follow. Either is fine.

Last edited by elhigh; 05-29-2015 at 08:53 AM..
  Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elhigh For This Useful Post:
deejaaa (05-29-2015), mcrews (06-02-2015)
Old 05-29-2015, 11:14 AM   #503 (permalink)
Not banned yet
 
deejaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Texas Coast, close to Houston
Posts: 880

getto - '02 Volkswagen Jetta GLS TDI
90 day: 53.82 mpg (US)
Thanks: 413
Thanked 258 Times in 206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhigh View Post
....... I made a perfectly reasonable statement that the best thing you could do would be to provide, in as clear a manner as possible, hard data that had been collected via controlled, repeatable testing. Your response, however, is to tell me how the comparison I offered isn't really valid (and really it isn't, your car has an advantage), how your numbers are skewed downward by behavior, etc. Your modifications may or may not make a measurable difference, but claims without data are just hype.
this is so true to what I've read about magnets and most things "unicorn" material.
it's almost sickening to a point.
__________________
FOR SALE: 02 TDI Jetta- 5 sp: Cooper CS5 at 50 psi, UltraGauge, ventectomy, rear air shocks, mufflerectomy, LED plate light, upper fiberglass grille block, front lower pan, front fairing.
93 Chevy CrewCab 6.5 TurboDiesel, GearVendor OverDrive, 4L80 w/ TCI controls. Now DailyDriver

  Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to deejaaa For This Useful Post:
mcrews (06-02-2015)
Old 05-29-2015, 12:18 PM   #504 (permalink)
Master Novice
 
elhigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SE USA - East Tennessee
Posts: 2,307

Josie - '87 Toyota Pickup
90 day: 27.96 mpg (US)

Felicia - '09 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 52.87 mpg (US)
Thanks: 421
Thanked 606 Times in 445 Posts
It's a lot like religion, except I don't mind statements of faith vis-a-vis religion. Here in the real world however, making claims about something, we can ask for and reasonably expect verifiable facts.

No facts, no faith.
__________________




Lead or follow. Either is fine.
  Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to elhigh For This Useful Post:
mcrews (06-02-2015)
Old 05-29-2015, 11:26 PM   #505 (permalink)
aero guerrilla
 
Piwoslaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 3,538

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Thanks: 1,056
Thanked 630 Times in 396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
I do admire you for setting what has to be a popularity record for a thread about nothing, with 6x,xxx views over 6 years.
Threads about magnets do tend to attract a lot of interest...
__________________
e·co·mod·ding: the art of turning vehicles into what they should be

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread

  Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Piwoslaw For This Useful Post:
Arragonis (05-31-2015), deejaaa (05-30-2015), elhigh (05-31-2015), gone-ot (06-02-2015), mcrews (06-02-2015)
Old 05-31-2015, 09:34 AM   #506 (permalink)
Master Novice
 
elhigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SE USA - East Tennessee
Posts: 2,307

Josie - '87 Toyota Pickup
90 day: 27.96 mpg (US)

Felicia - '09 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 52.87 mpg (US)
Thanks: 421
Thanked 606 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piwoslaw View Post
Threads about magnets do tend to attract a lot of interest...
Ba-dum-bump! Thanks folks! Remember your waitress!
__________________




Lead or follow. Either is fine.
  Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to elhigh For This Useful Post:
mcrews (06-02-2015)
Old 05-31-2015, 01:14 PM   #507 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Antwerp (Belgium)
Posts: 268

SUVcruiser - '07 Ssangyong Kyron 2.0 XDI
90 day: 42.55 mpg (US)

SUVcruiser year 2017 - '07 Ssangyong Kyron 2.0XDI
90 day: 42.55 mpg (US)

Hybridcruiser 2018 - '13 Volvo V60 plug in hybrid
Plug-in Hybrids
90 day: 61.11 mpg (US)
Thanks: 10
Thanked 64 Times in 51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo434 View Post
I say 500 miles because when using the magnets the fuel burns more efficiently and actually cleans out injectors and removes carbon deposits. The will take some time to remove these. I can say when I changed the oil on the car it was black from carbon and I accidently got my hand in the way of the oil coming out and I felt chunks of carbon in the oil. Now the oil stays clean and golden.
I stoped reading after this. No way that that is possible. So byby truth. Welcome unicorn!
__________________
Drive smart, save fuel, save money, spare the enviroment

But keep having fun!
I can drift



Previous car. SUV. From 2011+ 10l/100km to 2017 5,516l/100km.
2017 without holiday: 5,397l/100km
EPA Rated average: 8,1l/100km

Current ride: plug in 285hp hybrid
EPA Rated average: 2,8l/100km
  Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TimV For This Useful Post:
mcrews (06-02-2015)
Old 06-01-2015, 11:41 AM   #508 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker
 
Iexpedite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Corning, AR (NEA)
Posts: 88

G-sux (Sold) - '06 Pontiac G6 GT
90 day: 28.3 mpg (US)

Conda (Sold) - '92 Honda Civic VX
90 day: 51.52 mpg (US)

Honda - '21 Honda Accord Touring
90 day: 28.43 mpg (US)
Thanks: 12
Thanked 44 Times in 27 Posts
Don't be so dismissive about magnets. I have used them and experienced unbelievable results.

Last winter my deer blind was destroyed by heavy snow fall. The support rods broke and punctured the outer blind material leaving me with a pile of junk. I realized the blind had some useful pieces left in it. I removed all the unbroken poles and remembered all the magnetic window closures. I began cutting them out and when I had finished I had a stack of magnets. The magnets are 1/4 inch across and are really powerful. I devised a plan to reduce the flow of fuel through a fuel injected engine or a carb either one using my simple magnets. I stacked the magnets and scientifically placed them under my gas pedal. They adhered to the metal shaft that supports the pedal and when depressed would limit pedal travel thereby reducing fuel flow. The gains were significant and repeatable. I soon crafted different performance modes...20 magnets for normal operation, 30 magnets for valet mode, no magnet mode was for track use only. If you want to experience huge economy gains with magnets....simply follow my lead...because I have done it.
__________________

  Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Iexpedite For This Useful Post:
deejaaa (06-01-2015), mcrews (06-02-2015), niky (06-01-2015), some_other_dave (06-05-2015)
Old 06-01-2015, 05:22 PM   #509 (permalink)
Not banned yet
 
deejaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Texas Coast, close to Houston
Posts: 880

getto - '02 Volkswagen Jetta GLS TDI
90 day: 53.82 mpg (US)
Thanks: 413
Thanked 258 Times in 206 Posts
great story! i used magnets this week when i had bugs on the windsscreen. pushed a button and a pump squirted fluid to remove them.
__________________
FOR SALE: 02 TDI Jetta- 5 sp: Cooper CS5 at 50 psi, UltraGauge, ventectomy, rear air shocks, mufflerectomy, LED plate light, upper fiberglass grille block, front lower pan, front fairing.
93 Chevy CrewCab 6.5 TurboDiesel, GearVendor OverDrive, 4L80 w/ TCI controls. Now DailyDriver

  Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to deejaaa For This Useful Post:
mcrews (06-02-2015)
Old 06-02-2015, 08:49 AM   #510 (permalink)
Master Novice
 
elhigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SE USA - East Tennessee
Posts: 2,307

Josie - '87 Toyota Pickup
90 day: 27.96 mpg (US)

Felicia - '09 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 52.87 mpg (US)
Thanks: 421
Thanked 606 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deejaaa View Post
great story! i used magnets this week when i had bugs on the windsscreen. pushed a button and a pump squirted fluid to remove them.
I had a problem with organizing my bills, I used magnets and now I can't see my refrigerator!

__________________




Lead or follow. Either is fine.
  Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to elhigh For This Useful Post:
deejaaa (06-02-2015), digital rules (06-02-2015), mcrews (06-02-2015)
Reply  Post New Thread


Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Magnetic engine returns BillWhedon The Unicorn Corral 22 03-13-2013 03:09 AM
Uk ford transit, economy increase? chipX EcoModding Central 14 10-11-2012 02:38 AM
Magnets (as attachment method) jmonroe Aerodynamics 10 03-07-2009 01:12 AM
New Report of 20% milage increase by reducing viscosity of fuel htaylor EcoModding Central 29 01-27-2009 12:35 AM
magnets use for permanent mods ? groar EcoModding Central 5 09-08-2008 03:52 PM



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
All content copyright EcoModder.com