View Single Post
Old 01-10-2008, 09:24 PM   #20 (permalink)
RH77
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
10% is a nice surprise. Congrats on the improvement.
Thanks! I hope it's legit and not pump error -- or, as SVO mentions, oil consumption...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy View Post
Nothing like a few extra mpg,

Just make sure you're not burning any oil not that those carbon deposites are all blasted away,
I'll keep an eye on the oil level. This tank (based on the 1/2-way mark on the inaccurate fuel gauge) has appeared less efficient. Driving conditions are nearly similar, but with a slightly more City Operation.

The EBH has made a HUGE difference in getting started. TC lockup occurs by the time I hit the 45 MPH parkway (5-10 minutes). Otherwise, it's 15+ minutes. EOC-ing, as always, freaks out the TCU -- shifting becomes erratic and unpredictable.

There's nothing like lugging an automatic Tightening the transmission-throttle cable has resulted in early TC lockup at 35-38 MPH. It tends to hang on with a light touch on the throttle. Too much input either results in timing changes for power, or TC unlock. Yup, the auto is a challenge -- but not impossible to work with.

Looking at the top-end internals and timing belt, I think the 'Teg has a lot of life left. Between 30 and 40 mpg seems to be a good compromise vs. a new(er) ride. Certainly better than the mid-20's it achieved before EcoMods.

As always, the biggest change is with an adjustment to a part associated with every vehicle on the road. There's a adjustment that can be modified without any tools. The nut behind the wheel. That has made the biggest difference

RH77

_
_