View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015, 10:02 PM   #453 (permalink)
changzuki
Changfa diesel + Suzuki

Centurion - '74 FIAT X1/9 Centurion Full Race DNA
Last 3: 143.5 mpg (US)
Malone International Auto Show - 7/18/2015
-
Centurion's next pitstop was just a hop-skip-and-a-jump away at only ~42 miles:
-

-
-
After registering you are given a row number and then you look for the marker where you park. I couldn't wait to get setup - but that would need to be put on hold.... The car was already surrounded!
-
Shortly after, Centurion was ready!
-

-
-
For those following this adventure, let's rewind to 6/20/2015 at the Plattsburgh car show and where Centurion was parked next to the silver car as we were in the same category/class:
-

-
-
Due to the constant stream of visitors, Centurion is not really the car you want to be parked next to whether you are at Plattsburgh, or say Malone....
-
Soooo, what ARE the chances......
-

-
-
Then in an unexpected twist, the highlight of the show came from an invite to speak over the air (about Centurion) from the on-site radio host of 102.7 WICY!
-
This was also followed up with a post to their facebook page with photo showing the event radio host standing next to Centurion (images courtesy of 102.7 WICY Malone):
-

-

-
-
Near the end of the event, and while still with a small crowd around the car, I heard my name over the event loudspeaker.... Centurion got a nice little trophy!
-

-
-
The Malone Auto Show was followed up by a parade of the show cars through town and finally to an assisted living home where tenants were outside to see the cars.
-

-
(Photo above courtesy of the Milliser family - Malone Auto Show 2015)
-
Centurion momentos were cheerfully distributed and it was a wonderful end to a wonderful event!
-
~CrazyJerry

Last edited by changzuki; 08-03-2018 at 10:33 PM.. Reason: added pic
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to changzuki For This Useful Post:
MetroMPG (07-20-2015), nemo (07-20-2015), Xist (07-20-2015)