View Single Post
Old 07-27-2015, 09:50 PM   #462 (permalink)
changzuki
Changfa diesel + Suzuki

Centurion - '74 FIAT X1/9 Centurion Full Race DNA
Last 3: 143.5 mpg (US)
Centurion's BOMBSHELL of a weekend! (Part II)
-
The 55th Annual Seaway Festival Car Show - Sunday July 26th, 2015
-
One of the longest running car shows in this area ran again!
-

-
-
Centurion only had to drive 32.5 miles to get there and in spite of the heat and humidity - no sweat!
-

-
-
Once again, Centurion got mobbed, but there was at least time for one really priceless shot:
-

-
-
What really made the entire weekend such a "BOMBSHELL", was the overall mileage and fuel usage.
Here's the weekend breakdown:
-
Colton, NY to Inlet, NY show was 217 miles round-trip
-
Colton, NY to Ogdensburg, NY Seaway Show was 63 miles round-trip
-
Total miles driven = 280
Total fuel used = 1.94 gallons! (The tank was for all practical purposes - empty)
Trip Miles per gallon = 144
-
144 miles per gallon is markedly lower than either the 2014 Green Grand Prix (214 mpg) or the 2015 Green Grand Prix (250.64 mpg). In fact, this is the lowest mpg I've gotten since the car has been on the road - so why is this such a "BOMBSHELL"? Mainly because of the drive "to" and "from" Inlet, NY through the mountains.
-
That drive was a worst case scenario due to traffic that would:
1) Ride the brakes on the downhills to remain precisely 4 miles per hour under the posted limit;
2) Would then lose all momentum prior to the next uphill and then decide to "muscle" up it, all the while releasing the stench of rotten egg farts out their tailpipes.
-
Centurion is very able but worked hard to stay with traffic under this scenario. Where she really shines is when you drive her like a loaded tractor trailer. So, driving Centurion in a manner I would never advocate for, I saw the lowest trip mpg's ever - but they were still way north of 100 mpg, and in my opinion that-is-a "BOMBSHELL".
-
Did I mention the deer flies were out in full force?
-

-
~CrazyJerry~

Last edited by changzuki; 08-03-2018 at 10:30 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to changzuki For This Useful Post:
MetroMPG (07-28-2015), UltArc (07-29-2015), whatmaycome14 (08-08-2015)