View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 01:16 PM   #335 (permalink)
BabyDiesel
Lean Burn Cruiser!

Big Blazin' - '88 Chevrolet K5 Blazer Silverado
SUV
90 day: 14.97 mpg (US)

Chili - '00 Honda Insight
Gen-1 Insights
Team Honda
House of Tudor
Team Streamliner
90 day: 72.29 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardline View Post
That turbo would be ideal for a daily driver that size, not sure though on trying to squeeze mileage out of it. A .64 a/r turbine housing is fairly restrictive.
A DD turbo is what I am looking for. It is small and restrictive, but you have to remember that I am going to be running extremely lean AFRs with a Atkinson 3.5 valve setup, turning about 2000 rpm and needing only 3-5 horsepower during cruise due to extensive aero mods. The site says it is good for up too 250 ponies max @ 15 psi, but I'll adjust the wastegate to 5-7 psi to save my internals. I hope for 175 HPR max.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgfpro View Post
I think that would be a very good choice. Also keep in mind on my Talon my other small turbo or high pressure turbo is a
13g TD04-13G-5cm2
40mm IND comp/50mm EXD comp
41mm EXD turbine/47mm IND turbine

In lean burn you will have a time delay because it takes some time for the heat to stack up at the turbine.
Sweet, that is great to hear! I really wish that I had not spent close to $400 last night on a new alternator, battery and other supplies It will have to wait for a while till I can replenish my funds.

I did not know that your high pressure turbo was that small. It seems to be more restrictive than the Black Top! Yet you get amazing results, no doubt because of your big turbo and tuning. It is good to know that I'm not going to be in boost on every small hill while lean burning

Remember, thank a fellow EM'er for a helpful post!!!
I hypermile better in my cowboy boots

Past threads:
ZX2 modding thread
Ecomodder's Top 10: How they do it!
ZX2 Aerodynamics: Shooting for 0.15 Cd
ZX2 coast-down testing for Cd & Crr
The Following User Says Thank You to BabyDiesel For This Useful Post:
MobilOne (11-13-2015)