View Single Post
Old 04-12-2016, 03:46 PM   #143 (permalink)
darcane

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMundane View Post
I do apologize if i came across as an a$$. But i hate seeing things like this. It's just my personal opinion, as I am a huge classic car guy. I didn't mean to sound like a total douche. I am in fact restoring a classic car, so all the people saying "don't comment unless you're saving a car blah blah" Well, I am. so.... yeah. a 1972 gran torino. Definitely not going hybrid. It's going big block gas guzzling power.

again, sorry if i came across as a dick. Just don't like seeing things like this, just the way I am. I can totally respect the work being put into this, as it's a huge project. I just wish it was something other than a classic firebird.
I love classic cars too... (currently have a '68 Chevy C10 and a '67 Mustang in the garage) but I have no issues at all with cutting them up either. The boring cars at the car shows are the cars that are stock. I find the cars that show people's creativity and inventiveness to be most interesting even if it's not a direction I would ever personally head. Often the way you can tell that you have an awesome idea are the deafening screams of outrage from the purists.

I look forward to seeing Bill's car completed. Keep up the good work!

2001 Civic HX Mods

CTS-V

2003 Silverado Mods
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to darcane For This Useful Post:
GrayRaceCat (05-01-2022), mcrews (04-12-2016)