View Single Post
Old 06-10-2016, 10:12 PM   #603 (permalink)
changzuki
Changfa diesel + Suzuki

Centurion - '74 FIAT X1/9 Centurion Full Race DNA
Last 3: 143.5 mpg (US)

An epic journey: Colton, New York to Monterey, California!
-
For those who have followed the story of this Centurion - it is good - like really good. But, it could be epic - Queen Mother Mary epic!
-
How?
-
Well, there is a contest happening, and Centurion is now part of it. It's called "MeetJayContest", and it's a chance to meet Jay Leno in Monterey, CA at a huge car show at the end of August. The contest will fly the winner to California... If I could win, I'm proposing driving the distance to put a little octane back in the contest!
-
If this were to actually happen, the journey would get even better with cameos along the way on the legendary Route 66! (There are ecomodders in the vicinity!)
-
One of the biggest, most historic pitstops, would be in Phoenix, Arizona where Centurion's designer Robert Q. Riley resides. Imagine that reunion! Maybe I could get the Mechanix Illustrated magazine I bought 34 years ago - signed by Mr. Riley himself! (I'd have him sign the car too!!)
-
There's so many interesting angles to a story like this such as:
- Would the car make it across the US?
- How much fuel would it use?
- Can the tire's adhesive that holds the white lettering on them survive?
These are just a few of questions inquiring minds want to know!
-
But it looks like winning may at least have something to do with popularity votes. Centurion has a lot of fans across the miles and if this is something you'd love to see happen as much as I would, give the little Centurion a like, share, or retweet from this Twitter link:
https://twitter.com/The_CrazyJerry/s...51522419322880
-
This is an opportunity of a lifetime and a chance to put the north country back on the map... by driving across it..... behind the wheel of a 17 horsepower tractor engine!
-
Still think I'm crazy? - lol!
-
~CrazyJerry~
-

Last edited by changzuki; 08-03-2018 at 10:09 PM..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to changzuki For This Useful Post:
HHOTDI (06-11-2016), Joggernot (06-11-2016), nemo (06-11-2016), Xist (06-11-2016)