View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 07:50 PM   #86 (permalink)
Hacksaw
EcoModding Lurker

Black Spark - '14 Chevrolet Spark LS
90 day: 34.24 mpg (US)

K3500 - '93 GMC Sierra 3500 Dually LS
90 day: 9.05 mpg (US)

Mango Tango - '15 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
90 day: 20.74 mpg (US)

Z0MBAE - '96 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
90 day: 16.11 mpg (US)
Hi everyone,
Unlike most of you, I'm just a plain 'ole factory rat. I've been playing a role in the assembly of large truck axles (Hummers, Cube Vans, 1-ton Pickups,etc) for the last 13 years. I currently have my papers submitted to take the $140k buy-out from American Axle & Manufacturing, but will most likely be staying until they close my plant in December. I've been a physical laborer in one way, shape, or form my whole life. I will pridefully admit, however, that I'm not stupid. I do, however, have a bad back...lol

I attended Denver Automotive & Diesel College straight out of high school, but that was 22 long years ago. I am a 100% do-it-yourselfer, and never pay anyone to do anything if I can help it.(Okay, I hired a guy to pump out my septic tank once or twice.) If I don't know about something, I do research until I do. My work isn't always perfect, but at least I can take pride that I saved money for my family and accomplished something most people would never undertake. To describe me in a word...FRUGAL

I'm a father of 4 awesome kids, Boy-17, Girl-16, Girl-15, Boy-13, and an EX to a wife that never appreciated me.

Hacksaw out.