View Single Post
Old 08-18-2016, 01:23 PM   #276 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
New, more complete grillblocks

I made these grillblocks out of a rolled black plastic I bought for the now abandoned full undertray project. (I postponed the undertray mostly because I could not resolve fluid leaks at first, then I lost the resolve for a complete undertray.) These new ones are more durable, better looking (!), and more effective.

The material won't fade in the sun, like the old aluminum upper block and coroplast lower block did. And because they are made of the same stuff as my wheel well skirts, they offer a little consistency of materials on this eco-ratrod. Lastly, the lower grillblock is more complete than the older one. And in this coming winter I will be able to move the license plate to cover the remaining hole.

Upper:

Lower:

On the car:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new grillblocks 1.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	20404   Click image for larger version

Name:	new grillblocks 2.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	20405   Click image for larger version

Name:	new grillblocks 3-1.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	20406  
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to California98Civic For This Useful Post:
Daox (08-18-2016)