View Single Post
Old 11-11-2016, 02:38 PM   #140 (permalink)
Macskyver
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctmaybury@yahoo.com View Post
Beautiful work. Make sure you can easily open and close the door from the inside. I would leave the latch open so I could push the topper open from the inside. Be real carfull with the heater selection so you don't poison yourself with co on those cold nights.
Thanks. I am making it so the outside is only latchable/lockable with keys. The rear window will be held open and closed with and air spring and there will be some sort of way to lock it from the inside. I will also probably keep my truck cab rear slider unlatched so I can crawl through that window if needed.

I am not planning on having any sort of heater in it. I've camped plenty in below freezing temperatures without one. It will just mean I will have more incentive to bring a "hot" woman along with me. I do have vents built in though to make sure I don't asphyxiate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyking View Post
Here is a link to the thread where we discussed it.

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...yup-20811.html
The mylar would never conform to a compound shape. It is rigid in-plane so you can bend radii and such, but curving in that other direction won't work.
I put down a layer of cloth, wet it, put the mylar on and squeegee over the top of the mylar. This removes huge quantities of resin out the edge, and results in the lightest possible smooth layup. I mean, glass-smooth, and as little resin as possible. The mylar acts to compact the cloth.
It is a poor man's vacuum bagging setup.
I plan on using it whenever I can.
Thanks for the link. That is some good information. I will have to try that technique sometime.