View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 04:13 PM   #18 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ME_Andy View Post
Fun thread, Xist. Lemme just point out, you're spending ~$50/month in repairs. Throw in gas money and it would almost be worth buying a used Volt.
I actually think that's not the case because a used volt cheap enough to run cheaper than an old civic will possibly be a vehicle close to needing some prsistent and hard to locate repairs. That Volt is a much more complex machine. I also would counsel maybe rebuilding for $400 is possibly far better than another ancient Civic for $2000 but with mystery problems. But that's me... I still drive the 1998 Civic I bought in early 2001 from a dealer. My wife has her car, but this is the only car I have owned these last 16 years.

EDIT: I mean, I know everything wrong/right with this car. Another one would have surprises. And I love the Volt!
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

Last edited by California98Civic; 01-14-2017 at 04:25 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to California98Civic For This Useful Post:
Xist (01-16-2017)