View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 01:59 AM   #12 (permalink)
metroschultz
Master EcoModder

CPT SLO - '93 GEO Metro plainjane
90 day: 53.91 mpg (US)

SilverHairBeauty - '01 Toyota Avalon XL
90 day: 24.06 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to metroschultz
Go "Nutty Liberal Tree Huggers"
I watch everything, even started leaving more room in front of me for that occasion when i gotta get outta the way of some semi( thanks Darin)
we all watch for that opposing yellow, I have learned the light sequence of every stop I have to make. and i usually have to look up and through some other car to see the lights. "I see White People"
It sounds as if you might be starting to have some trans probs unrelated to EOC. I don't remember ever having to "trick" one of the Acuras into shifting. but I am NOT trying to diagnose problems from 700 miles away or lead you to believe your car is breaking.
Those trannys were/are pretty stout. but they are also expensive to replace. I saw an ad once, a million years ago, for a kit to put the lockup torque directly under your control via a switch on the dash. I can't remember where. but I think it was in one of my "tuner" mags.
I'll go back through the ones my wife hasn't thrown out yet and see what I can find.
Just ryin' to help.
Please don't read anything into this that's not here. S.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
Albert Einstein

Last edited by metroschultz; 01-14-2008 at 10:16 AM.. Reason: upon reread thought it could use some clarification.