View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 12:11 PM   #73 (permalink)
Daschicken
EcoModding flying lizard

Cibbie - '88 Honda CBR 250R
Motorcycle
90 day: 48.49 mpg (US)

Rarity - '06 Honda Accord EX V6
Team Honda
90 day: 29.88 mpg (US)

Baby viff - '86 Honda VFR 400R
Motorcycle
90 day: 42.15 mpg (US)

Latios - '08 Suzuki SV650SF
Motorcycle
90 day: 64.56 mpg (US)

Mazda 3 - '14 Mazda 3 i Sport
90 day: 43.25 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by acparker View Post
Results based emissions testing would eliminate the tampering rule. It shouldn't matter how you get there, as long as what comes out is within specs.
I know that exhaust modifications are okay (at least on motorcycles) as long as they do not increase the noise, I would assume that emissions would be the same way.

As for ethanol..We should grow it with sugarcane or switchgrass, not F'ing CORN. **** CORN!

Oil subsidies should be gone, that way we get closer to true cost pricing. I mean, we are already paying it anyway via taxes, why not? Maybe people would start to realize that driving their big SUVs around for shopping and daily commutes isn't the best idea if financial independence is desired.

I would be okay if Trump were to back emissions regulations down enough to bring back lean burn in gas engines, but anything more than that would be too much. It is easy to know if the car in front of you is missing a catalytic converter just by how it smells.

Also, the EPA needs to be revised, so I'm okay with that too. As long as there is SOMETHING to replace it.

Best trip in V6: 52.0
Best tank in V6: 46.0
Best tank in Mazda: 49.9
Best tank in CBR: 61.3
Best tank in SV: 83.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
You can lead a fashion-conscious horse to unusual-looking water...