View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 08:03 PM   #95 (permalink)
Daschicken
EcoModding flying lizard

Cibbie - '88 Honda CBR 250R
Motorcycle
90 day: 48.49 mpg (US)

Rarity - '06 Honda Accord EX V6
Team Honda
90 day: 29.88 mpg (US)

Baby viff - '86 Honda VFR 400R
Motorcycle
90 day: 42.15 mpg (US)

Latios - '08 Suzuki SV650SF
Motorcycle
90 day: 64.56 mpg (US)

Mazda 3 - '14 Mazda 3 i Sport
90 day: 43.25 mpg (US)
On my last fillup, the scangauge was 4% optimistic, I adjusted it down 2%, so we will see what the next adjustment needed is. Even if it is the full 4% optimistic, that 48mpg trip would still be a new record over the confirmed 45.1.

I spent a while looking at the wiring diagrams again, there will be no easy way to do a kill switch. There are 6 ground wires, one for each injector and they all lead back to Junction Connector 101. Each injector ground is yellow with a black stripe, however, there are 9 yellow and black wires coming out of J/C 101. I cannot find a pin-out diagram for that connector, so I will have to figure what each wire is manually.

My box cavity came loose on one side, so I took it off for now. I noticed a slight drop in my coasting ability, which tells me that thing works! Just need to finish the rest of it.

I had an idea for another easy rear end mod. I will put a panel in place to effectively decrease the angle of the rear window. On my last junkyard trip I found a bunch of coroplast signs in a car, so I went up and asked if I could have them for free. They said yes! Those signs should fit nicely on there.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear window angle.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	21462

As far as the power steering delete, I still need to figure out what size adapter I need for the rack so I can loop the lines. In a parts diagram, the hoses were marked 10mm

I attempted to index my spark plugs, 4 were already lined up, and when I got to the first one that needed adjustment the washer I used wouldn't come out! I'll have to make some tool to see if I can dislodge it, maybe some sort of hook.

OEM engine block heater and PCV valve on the way, about time! My old PCV valve is loose, despite being bolted down tight, and there is a line of oil below it. That will leave one less oil leak.

Best trip in V6: 52.0
Best tank in V6: 46.0
Best tank in Mazda: 49.9
Best tank in CBR: 61.3
Best tank in SV: 83.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
You can lead a fashion-conscious horse to unusual-looking water...

Last edited by Daschicken; 04-10-2017 at 08:29 PM..