View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 12:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Tele man View Post
Your next CARB-emissions test numbers will "tell the tail" of whether it was worth it or not.
My plan had been an A/B test, but I ran into trouble with testers and the CARB people in Sacramento on unrelated technicalities... So I got delayed. Then after passing, then cleaning, I was back on the sniffer machine paying for a second test and was told I had oxygen infiltration .... So no test. By the time I fixed my muffler (mee self, custom), it was five months on and I was no longer confident the test would be really valid. This old engine probably burns a little oil and maybe leaks a little fuel too. So I would expect several thousand miles to change results a little. But TRUE, my next smog test will be interesting, anyway. I have decided to wait for it.

BUT REMEMBER, THERE IS NOT CONTROVERSY AS TO WHETHER THE PROCESS WORKS AS DEMONSTRATED IN THE SCIENTIFIC PAPER I CITED. THE ONLY QUESTION IS WHETHER AN ADAPTATION OF THE METHOD WITH EVERYDAY TOOLS CAN WORK. ��
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

Last edited by California98Civic; 06-17-2017 at 12:51 PM..