View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 10:32 PM   #305 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcaud View Post
Fascinating stuff. I think I mean to implement the air dam and wheel well skirts on my Corolla. Alternator delete sounds impractical because I do Uber/Grubhub, along with a number of others you mentioned. Might be really impractical to remove the Corolla back seats... on the other hand the whole reason I have the Corolla is convenience, so I guess I shouldn't go that far

I'm wondering if it would be possible to implement the wheel skirts without drilling... maybe with clips and straps?

I think the front dam would be the real challenge. I'd consider a grill block but I'd fear overheating.
Coolant temperatures do have to be monitored carefully. But I have never gotten even close to overheating. My air dam occasionally scrapes and ive had to reinstall it once or twice. My wheel skirts have been attached without any drilling into the body I made clips spare metal copper piping and such.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.