View Single Post
Old 05-19-2018, 11:35 PM   #18 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
Raising kids is hard. If they ask me a question, I try to ask them questions I might ask myself to lead to the answer. Only a few times have I handed them answers on a platter, although with children sometimes you have to be bluntly obvious

My eldest has always tested above average, although I don't place much faith in standardized testing. She was borderline gifted program. The younger one is scrappy and has always reached milestones earlier due to her sister helping her along.

My wife and I are oceans apart on politics and we are in open war over where to live, LOL. But we agree on how to raise children, and we both want to expose them to as much as we can, not hand them answers, and let them be who they are, not who we want them to be.
I like your questions, not answers approach a lot. We do that often too, to get her thinking, or because we don't know any answers that we'd call TRUTH. But sometimes answers even for "difficult" or "awkward" topics are simpler, like sex questions re: anatomy and stuff like that. If ahe is ready to ask what's what, she needs a flat out, simple answer (I think).
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.