View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 01:47 AM   #16 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westb87 View Post

Anywho, this guy in a Ram (like I used to own before I realized just how stupid owning that truck was) passes the car that was hanging out behind me (guess they wanted to see if they could do the speed limit with me?), but does so with extreme "pedal to the metal" because I hear his exhaust roar up, he nearly hits the car he passes, then swerves in front of me and cuts me off, stomps his brakes (brake checks me), then stomps on the gas again. I give him a few flickers of my high beams because "wtf dude? I was doing the speed limit in the right lane...what more do you want?" and he goes into a COMPLETE RAGE! Stomps his brakes again, slows down to about 20mph, all the while flicking me off and flailing his "you're number 1" hand around like an insane person, then takes off. ...
Your responses were right. Bring down the anger. De-escalate. Under-react. I have been in these situations too. And I have had every kinda reaction. Whenever I have participated in the ****tiness and aggression, nothing good or useful comes of it. People have accidents, cause accidents, get wrapped up into other people's rage-accidents innocently.

I think my best responses have been non-responses. I don't remember them because the whole situation is forgettable when I don't participate or even register more than needed to stay out of a psychopathic ego battle with someone.

Do like the truckers do (generally): under-react and keep on keepin' on.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to California98Civic For This Useful Post:
fusion210 (06-22-2018)