View Single Post
Old 10-03-2018, 05:50 PM   #3098 (permalink)
All Darc
Banned

In the first the presenter show a lot of statistics showing how violence, deads, plane crashes, car crachs, deads by natural disaster, car polution, homicides, wars casualities, had all lowered compared to today. And he points how people get sensitive about such things and how these things are more reported, due advances in comunications, making people create a fake sense of the world as worse today.

But for me it's a little hard to beleive on the statistic, pointed by the presenter, about plane accidents fatalities had be reduced 99% from 70's to today.

The second video it's about the battery created by John B. Goodenough. He points about the problems with storage of energy, and the limitations of actual lithium batteries, and describe the new features of his battery and all the advances in energy densit, cycles, cost, charging time. He also try to explain some thing, given the skeptciasm he discovery had among other academics/researchers, as he says the battery in point (cathode or anode) have ultra thin plates (nanoscale) and that changed and allowed Lithium in both ponts (cathode & anode).

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
Could you please write up a brief synopsis of the presentation?
I get one day a week where I can hear audio,and a 1-hour video can take me up to 3-hours to go through to do a transcript.They're killing me!

Last edited by All Darc; 10-03-2018 at 06:00 PM..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to All Darc For This Useful Post:
aerohead (10-06-2018), freebeard (10-03-2018)