View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 01:34 AM   #3115 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Prius Plug-in - '12 Toyota Prius Plug-in
90 day: 57.64 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)
Thanked 4,378 Times in 3,353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
Depending of what kind of people you put in the island, it can be 10x times worse than government.
And let's remamber most people don't have self controll/self dicipline, good behavior or good will. A lot of people would be like freak animals without law enforcement aggents like police.
It's sad but it's true. Our species it's a crap.
Step 1 would be to identify the genetic markers for sociopathy and narcissism and not admit those who test high in those traits. I'd probably be voted off the island shortly thereafter.

I didn't suggest no law, I suggested maximal liberty. That means we don't create laws at some feverish pace. How many laws exist in the US? Could the law books fit in a large room? Is it reasonable to expect a person to know and abide by those thousands of laws?

The law in my country would be accessible to the common person. A law degree would be laughable, because that would be like having a degree in shoe tying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendler View Post
The World is getting too small and depleted for everybody to just do whatever they want. More coordination and cooperation will be needed going forward.
Coordination and cooperation, yes. Authoritarianism and coercion, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Did anyone watch the video?
Keeping up with you is a full time job, and I already have a full time job. I'll eventually get to it, eventually.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
freebeard (10-05-2018)