View Single Post
Old 12-22-2018, 07:22 AM   #96 (permalink)
Ecky
Master EcoModder

ND Miata - '15 Mazda MX-5 Special Package
90 day: 42.54 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpg_numbers_guy View Post
Looking at Amazon LEDs that claim to be 1000 lumens each...realistically around 500-550 lumens per reviews. Need to measure the socket in the Insight before ordering, as well as verify my current rear view mirror measurements, since the new mirror would mount on the old. Should probably check out the write up on the regen switch so I know what wires to get as well. Brightness is more important than energy savings for reverse lights. Don't want to be hitting anything backing up at night, and the current reverse lights are next to garbage as far as light output goes.
Yeah I'm with you 100%. There must be a product out there that isn't garbage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpg_numbers_guy View Post
Since the calpod clutch mod won't work, what if an arduino was programmed to get the current SOC, store it as a variable, do the normal clutch mod, send a 0% SOC to the battery to prevent assist (but no regen since clutch is in), and then when the button is pressed again send the SOC stored in the variable back to the computer to resume normal IMA functionality?
An interesting idea. It may not even be necessary to store the variable, but just to have the arduino on a relay that interrupts the real signal coming from the battery for a moment. One *possible* flaw with this is that the car may not respond instantly to a change in battery state, e.g. you might have to wait a few seconds before it will start behaving as if SOC is 0. It might also put the car in forced charge. I'm not sure. Worth trying! You should also try the clutch switch and see just what it does in your car.