View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 02:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,390 Times in 3,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
Wait, Attack of the Clones, A New Hope, and The Empire Strikes Back?

I do not believe that I have heard of "Witness for the Prosecution." I will need to look it up.
All that I remember from "The Count of Monte Cristo" was my friend telling me how much better the book was and everyone else wanting to get their $2 worth. It seemed good, though.
Moon and Frailty are others that I have not heard of. I will add them to my "To Google" list!
How have I still not watched "Cool Hand Luke?"
I loved the original "Matrix," but I got lost with the sequels. How did he have superpowers in the real world? Was Neo the one, Mr. Smith, or Neville?
You preferred the sequel to "Batman Begins?"
I used "The Wizard of Oz" to help explain irony to a client.
I enjoyed Episodes 8 and 9 and "Rogue One," but heard that the movie about red disposable cups was mediocre.

Sir, are you classified as human?
Got my Roman numerals wrong... and have fixed it. Good catch.

I won't get into spoilers on the Matrix.

The Dark Knight is objectively the superior Batman movie, and holds its own among the greatest movies of all time. The philosophy in the movie is so rich, and the character motivations so believable and human. Granted, I went into the movie with extremely low expectations because I was perfectly content with Jack Nicholson's Joker and hate movie remakes. My low expectations probably contributed to being thoroughly impressed with the film.

I've enjoyed the new Star Wars films too, but only because they are identical to the old ones. Hated the one where they went to the gambling planet for no reason, wasted their time, nearly got killed, and made a political point about wealthy people and freeing animals. What, are we supposed to release Justify into the wild because he'll supposedly be happier, and teach these wealthy people a lesson in misery?

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!