Thread: Tesla Model 3
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 02:45 PM   #1172 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,390 Times in 3,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
I was far more interested in the knowledge advantage than alcohol and parties. My collegiate career completely lacked the last two and I liked it that way.
Me too, as I went to community college... for like 8 years. I had to visit my friend at OSU to party. He's a doctor now.

If you're more interested in knowledge then you'd stay home (or visit a library) and just study on your own. Plenty of lectures are available online for free, and you can Google nearly anything.

College has the advantage of offering labs, and of course as you alluded to, the coveted paper which presumably implies a person has some minimum knowledge and competency in a field of study.

KSA is right though that the motivation is generally to gain an advantage. Really, our motivation to do just about anything is to advantage our current situation. If I wash the dishes, I have the advantage of being less likely to get ill from spoiled food.

The 3 categories of action seem to be to either gain an advantage, rest, or be entertained.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!