Thread: new guy, hello
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2008, 01:12 AM   #9 (permalink)
RH77
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
Welcome and Cool Classics!

First Welcome to EM

Nice Classic Malibus! You don't see many on the road in that good of shape these days. My Mom had an '82 Coupe with the 305 -- it lasted quite a while in the family.

It looks like Malibu4 has some potential when complete -- I bet you can get those numbers up.

On the Cav -- I bet you could crack 30 pretty quickly. I've driven a few of the 2000-2005 automatics (rentals) and got about the same, unless driven on the highway mostly and got up to 32-24. What is the typical kind of driving for this car?

The 2.2L has some abilities to benefit your mileage. Exhaust is a hot topic (pardon the pun) for mileage -- a word of caution: too much flow / wave resonance and you may loose some low-RPM power, which is where the best FE is made -- especially on automatics.

I might suggest experimenting with warm-air intakes (I know it's sounds nuts, but some previous race tuners turned EcoModders ended up with results -- depending on the model -- specifically Saturn owners. With GM it varies).

Check out the mods and see what works. Best FE to ya, and enjoy!

RH77

_
_

Last edited by RH77; 01-19-2008 at 01:12 AM.. Reason: grammar