View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008, 11:47 PM   #108 (permalink)
FastPlastic
Master EcoModder

98 Cherokee - '98 Jeep Cherokee
90 day: 17.18 mpg (US)

ZX7R Ninja - '99 Kawasaki ZX7R Ninja
90 day: 42.45 mpg (US)
minnesota and back on a single tank

An update. This Saturday I went to a wedding in Minneapolis Minnesota round trip was 440miles. I filled up the Jeep just before I left and managed to make it back to the same station with about 1.5gallons to spare. This may not seem like much of an accomplishment to most of you small car owners. But seeing as the EPA rating for my Jeep is only 19MPG(380miles on a single tank) I should of ran out of gas with 60miles to go. So I guess for starters I would like to say thank you to all of you for the input/help you have given me.

Accourding to the scangauge I was pulling 26MPG up and 26.2MPG back. not sure if my scangauge is a little off or the gas pump. Final result at fill up was 24.2MPG's. which is still 5.2mpg above epa.

The new panel seems to be helping. but i noticed it does vibrate on the exhuast pipe. Any one know where i can get some high temp insulation to pad the panel? it also seems to be squeaking a bit so i think I'll have to check that out (Only reason to should use coroplastic).

Adjusted for my driving habits. 80%city/20%Highway.
20mpg city/30mpg highway or bust! Check out my mods so far

Last edited by FastPlastic; 09-15-2008 at 01:16 PM..