View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 02:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
vacationtime247
Master EcoModder

The Toylet - '87 Toyota Supra 350 Chevy V8 / 700R4

In-Durrrr-Oh - '09 TMEC Enduro TMEC 200cc Enduro
90 day: 60.9 mpg (US)

Tem-poo - '86 Ford Tempo GL 4 Door 2.0 Liter Diesel 5 Speed
90 day: 47.52 mpg (US)

Ass Tick - '01 Pontiac Pontiac Aztek GT 5 Door

Green Baby Poop Stain - '01 Pontiac Aztek Aztek Base Model

Black Track - '01 Pontiac Aztek GT
FREE! 2008 Toyota Prius Mint Green Turtle

Recently picked up a 2008 Toyota Prius. Girl my wife works with drove it to work and she couldn't start it again. Sat for a few days at her work before she decided it was time to get rid of it. Mentioned to my wife that she was going to have it towed off to the junkyard after work. Curious, my wife asked what kind of car. '08 Prius. Ok, what's wrong with it? Drove it to work and now it won't start. Tried to jump start it, but the gas motor wouldn't turn on and the hybrid battery was on the low end. Wife messaged me and said to come take a look at it. Not the prettiest, but I might be able to do something with it. Said we'd take it for free and save her from having to tow it. Got the title signed over and paid $50 to tow the Prius home here in town. Put it on charge but still wouldn't go. Noticed that the fuel light was flashing but thought, no way. It can't be that easy. Sure enough though, it was. Added $10 in gas and it started right up!

The girl did message later saying she never would have got rid of it had she known that's all that it needed. So, we did wind up giving her $200 for it. No complaints though, the car is well worth it. She was happy with getting something.

Now, it's not perfect. Far from perfect. There was a huge dent in the front passenger side of the front bumper. Pulled it off, banged it out as best I could. The impact also bent up some of the apron where the light mounts to. Bent those best I could too. All 3 of the mounting tabs for the passenger light were broke off. So, Guerrilla glued one on and drilled holes through the rest. Bolted one down and zip tied the rest in good.

So far replacement parts have been:
Drivers side wheel bearing $30
HID to LED conversion lights $20
Smog Check (CA) $70
Title and plate transfer DMV $30
Rear View Mirror $50
Floor mats $10
Batman Sticker (Rear trunk Emblem gone) $5
Fuse and Relay Box plastic covers (eBay) $40

All totaled less than $500 invested so far. Think tires might be needed soon, pulls right. Swap tires from side to side and see if it then pulls left. Wanted a Prius for a while, glad I finally got one.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	prius.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	27431  
The Following User Says Thank You to vacationtime247 For This Useful Post:
Xist (01-15-2020)