View Single Post
Old 01-30-2020, 12:48 PM   #56 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,392 Times in 3,366 Posts
How many cubic feet (or gallons) / min flow did you have on that 8ft head height? I'd be interested to see how the whole thing could work.

I once calculated our part of the Little Pudding creek at 500 gallons/min by crudely capturing a portion of the flow in a 5 gallon bucket, and then multiplying that by the width the whole creek spilled over the flat concrete waterway. That works out to about 1 cubic foot per second. With a 1ft head height, it's not very feasible, especially considering I'd need to build on top of the county owned bridge infrastructure.

Then there was an underground spring that could potentially have about 30ft of head height if I collected at the beginning of our property and it exited at the creek. It had a measly 20 GPM flow though.

Often I'd paddle the North Santiam River and see a stream feeding into it from quite some height and get a little envious that I was not the property owner.

My aunt gets very heated when talking politics, so I like to get her wound up from time to time, and enjoy sharing my most reasonable yet least socially accepted thoughts just to get a reaction. She's coming over for Super Bowl.

Anyhow freebeard, I'll still consider you a friend, even when you start feelin' the Bern.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!