View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 11:52 AM   #31 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,138 Times in 1,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck View Post
That is more than likely a correct statement.

People are being told their doctor, treatment and test appointments are being cancelled . Plus they are afraid of going to a hospital because they perceive that they may be going to virus rich environment.

Not mention that some cities are on lock down making travel difficult to and from health care.
He specifically said more people would commit suicide due to lock downs that would die from the virus if we lift them.

“People get tremendous anxiety and depression and you have suicide over things like this, when you have a terrible economy, you have death, definitely … in far greater numbers than we’re talking about with regard to the virus.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck View Post
The media exacerbates the problem.
I completely agree. My father and father-in-law have taken to listening to conservative talk radio since they retired. Everyday they are hearing this isn't a real threat but is really just a conspiracy to take down Trump.

They are not taking this seriously and are still continuing their daily life as normal. My in-laws went shopping yesterday to multiple stores, then visited 3 homes of friends and relatives. They didn't need to go shopping, they just wanted to get out.