View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 11:43 PM   #329 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.49 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,714 Posts
Thanks Cripple Rooster!
This article says that 99% of Americans should receive a check from the stimulus bill, hopefully starting April sixth.
Quote:
The loans would be available during an emergency period ending at the of June, and would be forgiven if the employer pays its workers for the duration of the crisis.
So, if you pay unproductive employees for three months the government will help you.
This indicates that the checks would go to people who filed tax returns for 2018 and that the payroll tax part would take money from Social Security--about 85% of Social Security funding comes from that payroll tax. Potentially this could reduce monthly checks by 23%. Could Trump's Stimulus Check Exclude Social Security Beneficiaries?

Good point on claiming my brother!
I doubt that my parents ever filed for him, he has never had a job.
Children are a $47,500 deduction:
Quote:
Checks will be reduced by $5 for every $100 exceeding those thresholds. It completely phases out at $99,000 in income for individuals, $146,500 for head of household filers with one child
A family of ten would receive up to $6,400 as long as their income is less than $479,000
Quote:
[Y]ou are still eligible for a check if you have no income or if you rely solely on non-taxable government benefit programs like Supplemental Security Income benefits, or SSI, from Social Security.
Congress likely to send taxpayers $1,200 checks in coronavirus aid. Here's who qualifies

Mom insists her $80.59 monthly retirement check will exclude her. She does not know if I can claim my brother because he also receives Social Security.