View Single Post
Old 03-29-2020, 03:55 AM   #414 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.49 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,218 Times in 1,709 Posts
I am in bed, I just remembered something. This is the earliest that I have gone to bed since TPgate!

Didn't we just discuss Turnip's negotiating ability [or lack thereof]?
'GM was wasting time': Trump invokes DPA to force GM to make ventilators He invoked the Defense Production Act, but said that he would not use it and seemed to have a rational discussion with GM, he suddenly called off the deal, and ordered them to using the Defense Production Act.

Quote:
The tweet came the morning after The New York Times reported that a deal between GM and medical device supplier Ventec to provide up to 80,000 ventilators was called off after FEMA said it needed more time to assess how much the ventilators would cost.
So, he got mad at GM because of FEMA?

Quote:
The president also said his previous opposition to GM’s decision to shutter an auto plant in Lordstown, Ohio, made negotiations with the automaker difficult.
What does that have to do with anything?

Quote:
“Depending on the needs of the federal government, Ventec and GM are poised to deliver the first ventilators next month and ramp up to a manufacturing capacity of more than 10,000 critical care ventilators per month with the infrastructure and capability to scale further,” the statement read.
I just hope that is soon enough.

Quote:
“Depending on the needs of the federal government, Ventec and GM are poised to deliver the first ventilators next month and ramp up to a manufacturing capacity of more than 10,000 critical care ventilators per month with the infrastructure and capability to scale further,” the statement read.
How often do car manufacturers make their own components? How often do they just assemble parts from their suppliers?

I thought that I found "Legend," but it was some weird unicorn fantasy with the guy from "Vanilla Sky."