View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 08:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
... No, Japan isn't switching from RHD to LHD. The are adopting EU emission and crash standards so Japan will get the same spec car as the UK. So for my former colleges that means only 5 instrument panels instead of 6.
The trans-pacific partnership that the United States pulled out of in 2017 would have brought US and Japanese standards closer together, from what I understood about the policy. I wonder if that would have made it easier for us in the United States to get grey market Japanese cars. I wonder if the 2019 EU-Japan trade deal took something away from the United States that it had won in the TPP. The bilateral United States Japan trade deal negotiated last year and still incomplete, apparently does nothing much with the auto industry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
In the future is should help someone in the UK get a grey-import Japanese car. Don't know why anyone else in Europe would want a RHD car.
I wonder why Brexit wouldn't affect Britain's participation in an EU trade deal. Perhaps they did some special side negotiation.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.