View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 07:45 PM   #102 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
I am trying to create a throttle stop block that will safely and reliably hold my car somewhere between 60 and 70 MPH on flat highway. In testing, I have figured that about 17.5% throttle position in fifth gear should do it. But I cannot seem to create a stopper that reliably yields the same TPS reading each time. Compressibility of carpet and materials under the carpet seems to be the culprit. Maybe it is just my Civic.

Two questions for any of you who have tried this method: (1) did you use your TPS readings to confirm that the stopper is reliably stopping the throttle in the same position each time and (2) if you did how did you make your throttle stopper?

Thx!
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.