View Single Post
Old 06-20-2020, 04:07 PM   #90 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,393 Times in 3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Charlie View Post
There are many doctrines in the world, and communism is one of them. If you go with the easy "spectrum" idea, simply because something is to the left of your ideals does not make it communist any more than being somewhat to their right makes you a fascist.
I didn't say anyone to the left of me is Communist or disparage those on the left in any way. I referred to the far left, who has hijacked the good people of the Democratic party and their values.

Quote:
Applying labels that people don't like to ideas you don't like is easy, but inaccurate. It drags things down, and attempting to "prove" that someone farther along the spectrum than you like deserves the title at the far end drags things down farther. "I disagree with that, I think it goes to far" is a perfectly good position and a perfectly good argument. There's no need for simple name calling in either direction.
You're not disagreeing with anything I've said. I qualified my "name calling" when I stated: "...has silenced the majority and made many of them useful idiots in their goal to cause civil unrest as evidence that capitalism has failed, and that we must radically shift to an authoritarian government in which we place allegiance to a few benevolent rulers." I'm specifically saying that those with Communist ideology are tragically ignorant at best, or ill intentioned at worst. I always assume naivety when that is plausible, as very few people intend to burn the world and wreak havoc for humanity.

"Simple name-calling" means one has used a term in a derogatory manner without qualifying the name. Show me any post where I've name-called without qualification and I will sincerely apologize. BTW, name calling with qualification is to label with definition.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!