View Single Post
Old 07-28-2020, 02:52 PM   #174 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_a_t_t View Post
Yesterday, I bought another car. 1973 Fiat 124 Special. This one is auto and has A/C. Pretty solid overall. Nicer condition than the civic. If the engine spins (haven't tried yet) then I think I can get it to fire pretty easily. Here is a pic from the ad.
That is great. Picture does not display though. A question for anyone: how much damage might I cause if I run a Honda engine from cold, at idle, for about 20 seconds, without any oil. I was in the middle of an oil change and got distracted. While it ran it had a hunting idle below normal--between maybe 1200 and 1700, but I remember seeing a moment of almost stable ~1400 RPMs maybe once maybe twice just before I realized the mistake and turned it off. THOUGHTS?
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.