View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 04:31 PM   #184 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galane View Post
Have you seen the Garage 54 channel on YouTube? Some crazy Russians who do all kinds of weird things to old Ladas, with an English voiceover translation.

They stuffed a big GAZ truck 7.0L V8 into one, another they connected two engines end to end to make it a straight 8, then a third engine for a straight 12. Adding a 4th for a straight 16 didn't work out so well, mostly because the old engines are old and tired. The craziest thing they did was buying a pair of doors and all the body panels, windshield frame and top for a Porsche roadster and mounting them on a Lada.
I LOVE Garage 54. So many crazy projects. Russians are a wild bunch. And I could use some Russians! Today I decided have to miss my August 2 Cali SMOG test deadline and pay a $21 fine. My starter motor is crapping out again. I can get a warranty replacement but I have associated problems and wiring harness mystery failure that I have to fix this time. Buying a hoist. But my daughter offered to help without me asking! She ain't Russian but I'm please for help and entertainment.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.