View Single Post
Old 08-31-2020, 11:20 PM   #24 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Oh. Hey. Before I go, I figured Lenovo must have included something with Windows, so I started looking at everything named Lenovo. Nerve has a turbo button for my fans!

I found a Lenovo Diagnostics Windows, which said that Lappy failed.

It says that it or I canceled the Microphone Interactive Test.
The PS/2 keyboard test returned a warning. I don't have a PS/2 port!
Somehow my trackball failed the Press Precision Test. It told me to single-click, double-click, and then repeat. However, my touchpad did not respond, so I turned on my trackball. Then it showed a torus and had me move the mouse cursor around it, staying inside the lines.

Somehow I am terrible both with this trackball and my desktop's mouse.

I am worse with the touchpad!

Then it seemed to repeat the torus test, but my mouse cursor disappeared. When I moved it enough it showed up on my second monitor.

Eventually it timed out.

I do not know what the deal is, but as you can see, there are two bad drivers for my trackball. For some reason dragging and dropping rarely works. I am absolutely holding the buttons for the entire second or two that it takes, but it acts like I released and then clicked again.

These are new batteries!

That was "HID-compliant mouse." Then it shows "Synaptics Pointing Device." The first two passed, then it says that it failed the Press Precision Test, and declares that it is defective.

Then for the SSD Device Read Test, three tests for on-board graphics, three tests for the GeForce GTX 1060 with Max-Q Design, two tests for ethernet, and three tests for wifi it says "Test aborted because a system event that could compromise the outcome has happened."