View Single Post
Old 11-16-2020, 08:38 AM   #53 (permalink)
Vekke
Mechanical engineer

Siitin - '98 Seat Cordoba Vario
90 day: 58.56 mpg (US)

VW Lupo 3L --> 2L - '00 VolksWagen Lupo 3L
Diesel
90 day: 104.94 mpg (US)

A8 luxury fuel sipper - '97 Audi A8 1.2 TDI 6 speed manual
90 day: 64.64 mpg (US)

Audi A4B6 Avant Niistäjä - '02 Audi A4b6 1.9tdi 96kW 3L
90 day: 54.57 mpg (US)

Tourekki - '04 VW Touareg 2.5TDI R5 6 speed manual
90 day: 32.98 mpg (US)

A2 1.4TDI - '03 Audi A2 1.4 TDI
90 day: 45.68 mpg (US)

A2 1.4 LPG - '02 Audi A2 1.4 (75hp)
90 day: 24.67 mpg (US)
I find it really not nice how you try to sell your book here by saying things you say on the video.

Basic manners should mean something. If you claim something to be not true then you should show the results. I did not see any results showing otherwise in your video.
Sure those new cars have low drag figures, but is it due to to the roof taper or whole car being shaped in the windtunnel to match manufacturers idea of that current car model is and looks or is it modeled to have the lowest drag coefficient? I bet you dont know that so you cannot assume nothing just by looking at some tufts tests you have done. You say you have easy method to measure the pressure coefficients at the wake. from those you migth be able to see something already can you show your test results here on all of those tuft tested cars?
- Sure the old car has low drag figure but its not lowest it can go. Cars drag coefficient does not tell nothing about the potential how low the drag coefficient could be if everything is done to get lowest drag.

Aeroheads template shows the shape which leads to lowest drag.
- I have understood there can be attached flow with even steeper curves, but the the lowest drag is achieved if you follow the template.

Julian I would appreciate rapid answer with pictures and measurements to point out your argument true.

Here is a link which you should also read. https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthre...uel-15251.html
I dont want to hear answers it can be found at the book. For me it seems you have created your own truth on many topics here which are not true this topic especially.

I hope the wind will be with you on this, but my hopes are not high.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/vesatiainen/

Vesa Tiainen innovation engineer and automotive enthusiast