View Single Post
Old 12-20-2020, 05:13 PM   #23 (permalink)
orange4boy
Master EcoModder

The Golden Egg - '93 Toyota Previa DX
90 day: 31.91 mpg (US)

Chewie - '03 Toyota Prius
90 day: 57 mpg (US)

The Spaceship - '00 Honda Insight
Interesting video. Thanks.

Julian, I have great respect for your work, but I think your perspective here is a little off.

Quote:
(1) refuses to change his views, no matter what evidence is cited
Respectfully, while it's nice if people change their views to one's own, no one is required or should be expected to do so. Post your stuff and let the community decide. You can't police everything. Going onto lists of personal misbehaviour is not in the spirit of this kind of discussion. This goes for everybody.

Quote:
(2) refuses to read any current aero textbooks or papers
A good idea and encouraged but not required or expected.

Quote:
(3) has become increasingly erratic in the statements he makes in support of his odd theories
That's pretty subjective.

Quote:
(4) now often personally abuses those who disagree with him.
I didn't see anything abusive in this thread. There is a process for abusive behaviour. Accusing people of it in threads where there in no evidence of it is not terribly helpful.

Quote:
(5)That it has taken people here so long to see all this surprises me, but then again, Ecomodder has been described to me as 'being like a cult' - and there are certainly some similarities!
A vast generalization aimed at the entire community. Every community seems to have some icons and cultures that are not ideal. Getting into flame wars about those does not seem to solve anything. It often just makes you seem unnecessarily argumentative. You can always ignore content you don't like or point out things you disagree with but try to keep it about the facts. People will make up their minds regardless based on the quality and thoroughness of your posts and generally, yours are very through and of high quality.

Hopefully, you do not take my comments the wrong way. I'm trying to be helpful but I'm not an expert on anything, let alone human interaction.

I'll bugger off now.
Cheers.

"It’s easy to explain how rockets work but explaining the aerodynamics of a wing takes a rocket scientist.