View Single Post
Old 12-24-2020, 05:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
orange4boy
Master EcoModder

The Golden Egg - '93 Toyota Previa DX
90 day: 31.91 mpg (US)

Chewie - '03 Toyota Prius
90 day: 57 mpg (US)

The Spaceship - '00 Honda Insight
Never Meet Your Heroes

When I first got into all this, there was a certain online automotive publication with a prolific author who did really cool ecomods and electronic projects. He was super thorough and posted great photos of the process. He was by far my favourite gearhead author.

At the same time I was heavily involved with Ecomodder and did a lot of mods to my vehicles, many seemed to work and I improved my MPG a lot. It was fun and I never hesitated posting here.

I got busy with life and came back to ecomodder recently to find him here being abusive and attacking anyone who dares to call him on his abuse. He seems totally blind to it despite a lot of pushback from other members. I grew up with someone very similar and I find it very difficult to bring myself to post here again. I guess this kind of behaviour is very fashionable these days but I'm so done with it myself. I don't want to have to spend a lot of time calling that crap out but I don't think I'll be able to help myself.

It's such a shame that people, especially people you used to admire turn out to be such total disappointments in real life. It colours all of their work and ruins it for me.

Anyway. Mean people suck. It's a very 2020 story.

It is good to see a lot of my old friends still on here though.

Cheers.

"It’s easy to explain how rockets work but explaining the aerodynamics of a wing takes a rocket scientist.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to orange4boy For This Useful Post:
Ecky (12-29-2020), Fat Charlie (12-25-2020), freebeard (12-24-2020), ME_Andy (12-25-2020), Piotrsko (12-25-2020), rmay635703 (12-25-2020), samwichse (12-24-2020)