View Single Post
Old 07-31-2021, 12:30 PM   #85 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
Yes it was 2012 or 2013. You know when the cheap gasoline had been stuck at $3.50 a galon for a few years with no end in sight.

Just think, what posts, or kinds of posts were hot at that moment in time?
Yeah. I think that is right, too. Here's the thing, land on the EM site main page right now and it looks really dated both in graphics and content. The banner features a 25 year old (approx) gasoline car (a Metro). Why not include an EV?

The description of what ecomodding is features only ICE platforms when it refers to "pumps" :
Quote:
Welcome to EcoModder.com, an automotive community where performance is judged by fuel economy rather than power and speed. EcoModders employ a combination of vehicle mods, driving techniques, and common sense to squeeze every penny out of the pumps. Reasons for becoming a member range from the economical to the ecological. More info about where EcoModding came from.
Maybe this should use more PHEV and BEV language, too.

And the left column features only the top gasoline cars? Why not a EV listing too? (Do we even have enough EV-driving members for that?)

A lot of the knowledge on this forum pertains to a BEV as well as an ICE. But if you came to the site, you would not realize that.

Also, we draw interest from folks with work trucks of a few types. Why don't we build on that. Truck subforums. More representation of them on the main page. Improving a work truck's EPA fuel economy by 10% is still ecomodding, even if it still gets under 20 MPG US.

Just thinking outloud... but some of this has been on my mind for a long, long time...
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.