View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 12:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Clev
Wannabe greenie

The Clunker (retired) - '90 Honda Accord EX sedan
Team Honda
90 day: 29.49 mpg (US)

Mountain Goat - '96 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCab
90 day: 18 mpg (US)

Zippy - '10 Kymco Agility 125
90 day: 65.03 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by extragoode View Post
My turn signal wand doesn't push in for any function, so I want to add a button to the end of it that I can push to kill the engine with my left hand while still holding the wheel and shifting with my right hand. I've found the fuse and the inline fuse holder and a way to route the wiring, I just need the button. I need a low profile 12V 10A normally closed momentary switch. I've found a couple horn and starter switches that fit my needs except that they're normally open. As far as I can tell all you guys have done your kill switches with toggle switches. Any ideas where I can get what I want, or any thoughts on how to wire a simple normally open switch to function as normally closed. I thought about just wiring the normally open switch in parallel with the existing fuse and having the button close a short to ground, but most things about that don't make it seem like a very good idea.
You could try adapting one of those cruise control steering wheel button pods (like this: http://www.ukcar.com/road_tests/hond...ring-wheel.jpg) for mounting on the left side of the steering wheel. As for a normally open switch, I think if you use it to control a normally closed relay, you'll get the result you want.