View Single Post
Old 07-02-2024, 11:43 AM   #31 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,127 Times in 1,438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
Please tell me how much her surgery cost me and how much money I have left from student loans!

Thanks!
Do you even know how much money you have left from your student loans? The last message on that topic you said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
Saving the world with $88,000

Nothing worked right when I needed more student loans and then I accidentally accepted all of them--and then couldn't get the money for 3 months.

I don't know how much I actually accepted and how much I actually got, but on top of charging 8% interest starting when I was approved, 90 days before I was able to spend any of it, they charged the equivalent of about 6 months interest to generate the loan.

I haven't specifically done anything with it.
I don't need to know how much her surgery cost. Spending any amount of student loans on medical bills is a bad idea. It really is that simple. It is a short term solution with potentially lifetime consequences.

A huge number of people get in trouble with student loans because they take out as much as they can - use it for living expenses and other items, and then when the graduate they are in mountains of debt that they cannot pay back. Don't wall into that trap - take only the amount you need to actually pay for school and return the rest.

Banks WILL give you more in student loans that you can reasonably expect to pay because they know they have your lifetime to collect interest on that debt while the principle accumulates.