View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 12:44 AM   #20 (permalink)
RH77
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
First, I would like to echo the sentiment that each engine model is different and reacts to intake air differently. Less than 90F and it's tough to attain optimal FE (with all other parameters equal). It has been tested and documented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula413 View Post
Any thoughts on why IAT affects TC lockup?
Have you noticed an increase in throttle input with the warmer air? TC lockup is often based on an increased throttle position (either electronically and/or through the kickdown cable).

Aside from that, my TC has me baffled. The TCM uses fuzzy logic to calculate speed, TPS, and change in speed to determine gear holding if ascending or descending a hill, and TC lockup (slight, partial, and full). Starting from cold (without EBH) in the winter, let's say the IAT goes from 25F to 100F during the drive. Coolant temps are well within full-temp range (195-200F, open thermostat), and it still won't lock up! Sometimes it requires a firm throttle press, then it engages. Other times, it just decides to kick in 20 minutes later. Only on cold startup. EBH starts, it engages no problem.

-Rick

_
_