View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 11:57 PM   #20 (permalink)
Clev
Wannabe greenie

The Clunker (retired) - '90 Honda Accord EX sedan
Team Honda
90 day: 29.49 mpg (US)

Mountain Goat - '96 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCab
90 day: 18 mpg (US)

Zippy - '10 Kymco Agility 125
90 day: 65.03 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by akashic View Post
I'll affirm that YES, it is quite nice here right now!

This was actually an interesting week. Now that it's winter (including here, where we normally see 50 degree days and 30 degree nights in January) we ecomodders are all waiting for temps to rise to finally see our mods hitting their potentials. Well in San Diego, we're now at the tail-end of a Santa Ana, which had the highs in the upper 70s and low 80's this week. Though it's hard to tell how much is due to the temperature rise and how much is due to occasionally-helpful 10mph tailwinds, my commute averages have indeed jumped up to where I around where I expect they should be. It's been really fun and fortunate to get this quick confirmation before it gets "cold" again.
Unfortunately, the bulk of my commute is on the 210/15/60 from San Bernardino to the 57. The wind was blowing so hard that I can feel the car slowing, or, in the case of the 210, gusts are pushing me halfway into the next lane. The wind seems to be against me regardless of which way I go.

I'll still take that over subzero temperatures and my floor rusting out. They use cinder on our roads, which isn't quite as effective as salt, but the cars last forever.