View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 11:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
NachtRitter
NightKnight

RippinRoo - '05 Subaru Legacy Wagon 2.5 GT
Subaru
90 day: 21.16 mpg (US)

Helga - '00 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
TEAM VW AUDI Group
Diesel
90 day: 53.91 mpg (US)

Olga - '03 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon
90 day: 46.24 mpg (US)
Closed: Group Buy: OBD1 to OBD1 Extension Harness

Group Buy Closed!

I'd been looking to buy an OBD1 to OBD1 Extension Harness for my Honda VX (so that I can tap into the ECU signals without damaging the stock wiring harness) and I have found a fellow that sells the extension harnesses for $70 ea if sold individually, but is willing to sell them for $50 ea if I buy 5 or more. Of course, I only need one, but since there might be several on this forum who may also be interested (and don't have the time or patience to build their own), I thought I'd offer this as a group buy here.

I'd like to get a $10 deposit from each person that wants to be part of this group buy; the deposit is refundable up until the point I place the order. I'll keep this group buy open until March 14 or until I have 9 folks that have made the deposit. If I don't have at least 4 deposits by then, everyone gets their money back and I'll just get one harness for myself.

Once I receive the harnesses, I'll let the group buy folks know, and I will ask for the remaining $40 plus $5 shipping (I'm not looking to make any $$ but would like to get shipping covered; single shipping charge regardless of how many you order). Once I receive payment, I will ship out your harness(es).

I'll keep the list up to date here:
1. NachtRitter (1 harness)

Send me a PM if you want to be part of this group buy by making a deposit. I also welcome comments and questions.

BTW - the best price I had found previously for the same thing is $110 here: Rywire - Online Store

You can, of course, also build your own OBD1 to OBD1 Extension Harness for little to no cost by visiting a wrecking yard with some wire clippers and then investing some time with a soldering iron. This group buy is for those that don't have time or patience or skills (or whatever) to do that.

Last edited by NachtRitter; 03-22-2009 at 03:55 PM..