View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 12:01 AM   #94 (permalink)
bennelson
EV test pilot

Electric Cycle - '81 Kawasaki KZ440
90 day: 334.6 mpg (US)

S10 - '95 Chevy S10
90 day: 30.48 mpg (US)

Electro-Metro - '96 Ben Nelson's "Electro-Metro"
90 day: 129.81 mpg (US)

The Wife's Car - Plug-in Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
90 day: 78.16 mpg (US)
No, I didn't do a "label every wire" deal before taking things apart.

I really wasn't considering using the forklift's controller before.

This book talks a fair amount about this style of controller, so now I have some more information on how it all works.

The controller and contactors all came off as a big single unit. I mostly just needed to disconnect a couple big power cables. I have a clean photo of the controller before removing, so I think I could get most of the cables back to the right spots.

In the end, it may just be something I play around with as a learning experience.

I also got an invitation by the Milwaukee Hybrid Owners Group to come on out to their meeting this Saturday.
milwaukeehybridgroup.com
They are the largest Hybrid group in the country. Their goal is to teach people more about hybrids, encourage owners, and teach mileage-extending driving techniques.

Should be fun. I will take some photos and report back.

I would take my electric motorcycle there to show off, but it is still the heart of winter here. Also, I am going to Chicago later that day, and really don't want to be lugging around a motorcycle for that.

Their meetings are every other month, so maybe the weather in April will be good enough to have a go with the cycle.

300mpg.org Learn how to BUILD YOUR OWN ELECTRIC CAR CHEAP
My YouTube Videos